Hey, I’m Hiroki.
I’ve been working as a software engineer since 2011.
I’m currently working on Emi, an app to assist busy couples to maximize happiness in their relationship :]
I’m currently based in San Francisco, Bay Area.
This website is built using Hugo framework.
Although I’m in the wellness industry now, I’m interested in other fields as well:
- Fintech (blockchain, cryptocurrencies1, personal finance, trading2)
- Censorship resistant, decentralized web (DApps, IPFS)
- Photography (I take some random photos)
- Workout (I’ve been lazy these days, but I’m hoping I will be motivated by putting it here)
I don’t drink alcohol, but I’m a coffee lover ☕️
For those of you who are curious about what I CAN do, below is the list of technologies I have experience with:
- Golang (server-side development)
- Python (some algo-trading stuff using zipline, pandas, etc.)
- Swift (3.0, 4.0, 5.0)
- Objective-C (I started my career as an iOS dev back in 20113)
- Reactive Programming
- iOS (>= iOS3.0)
- GCP (Compute Engine, Kubernetes, Dialogflow)
- IPFS (Trying to figure out what kind of contents should be on the network.)4
- Having an engineering mindset5 is like having a super power, but it doesn’t necessarily solve all kinds of problems6.
- If you think you are smart, then be smart enough not to be an asshole.
- I’m a blackbelt holder in Gōjū-ryū Karate 🥋
- I’m an Estonian e-resident 🌎
- I came to the United States in 20147 🇺🇸
- I have a subtle Australian8 accent 🥝
Tools I use
- Keybase (Make PGP great again!)
- Brave Browser (You guys should use this! I love it)
- Apple Notes (I have tried Evernote, Bear, and Notion, but ended up using this one)
- Visual Studio Code (or VSCodium)
- Charles (To intercept network calls from any iOS apps…)
- I’m interested in projects such as: Stellar, Enigma, Kin, Zcash, OByte(previously Byteball) VeChain, BAT, Filecoin. [return]
- I was playing with some algo-trading software in the summer of 2018 while I was having some time off from work due to my visa issue. I was using a Zipline based software called Enigma Catalyst to do backtesting before deploying my strategy. [return]
- This was around the time where we had a shift from non-ARC to ARC on Xcode. I was in college back in Tokyo. [return]
- I’m currently using Pinata as a content pinning service. [return]
- Having an engineering mindset means, in my opinion, pursuing ultimate productivity with Omoiyari. [return]
- In relationship. [return]
- I came to the States on Aug 10th, 2014. I was born and raised in Japan. [return]
- I had an Australian friend in High School. After staying in the US for 4 years, my accent is now on the brink of extinction. Yes, I’m being downgraded. [return]